Wednesday, May 20, 2009

That was so wonderful feeling


“It thrills but kills”. Had heard this phrase from time immemorial. But in my case before it could thrill, it killed. It killed my confidence and gave me so much of fear which took years to come out.

Those fantasies to be behind the steers and go for a long drive with my family, later with my boy friend also couldn’t prevent me from my fear. Those embarrassments in front of friends were also not enough to overcome that nervousness. The nervousness to take car in traffic was really too much to even avoid the temptation of driving.

But today I proudly say that I’m overcoming my fear. Thanks to my Parents who decided to enroll me in driving school. Dad believed that I’ll never appreciate that teacher in him and learn driving from him. He also believed that value of a skill has much weightage when u’ve to pay to learn that. Whatever he thought but I’m thankful to my Parents for the biggest reason-to make me further Independent. In spite of having car we were dependent on him to go out anywhere even when it was all Ladies shopping. He doesn’t want the same in my future life. And this feeling of being Independent became the biggest reason to try overcoming my fear.

I’ve almost finished with all my classes and today was very special as I took Mom along with me. It was such a wonderful feeling to see her mixed reactions of happiness, surprise, joy and a bit of fear. I felt as if I took my first step as kid and she saw me with proud and smile. Thanks to that wonderful feeling and I wait to experience such bigger feelings in future with my family, love and friends.

3 comments:

  1. Well I got a driver...when I come down to Bengaluru

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The real test is on day after tomorrow, when she take me for a ride. I will be very greatful to you if i am harmless after the ride.

    ReplyDelete