Friday, May 22, 2009

D day has come


This event which is so special to me started almost 1& ½ months back (in fact its 9 years old story). The final day which was awaited from the beginning has finally come. I call it ‘D day’. This came as a big curiosity to my most of the friends and when they got to know they were surprised again. Some of my friends wonder why am I giving it so much of importance? But how to explain them the importance of this event in my life? It’s about feeling within. It’s about overcoming my fear, embarrassments and one step closer to being more Independent. So getting a driving license (DL) indeed is a big and special moment in my life. It is associated with many unfulfilled wishes which can be fulfilled now. Getting one additional identity proof is a bonus (;-)

DL test is tomorrow and I’ve mixed feelings within. I’m excited and happy. But at the same time there is a bit of nervousness (in fact family is more scared thinking how would I manage everything by own). Health is down but I’ll pull up my socks and go for it. Ya somewhere deep within I’m sad also coz the person who was always excited about it and wanted to sit at the back and go for drive is under hibernation. But then I know that is momentary and the special day is at the corner when I would be able to fulfill that wish.


To be continued……………. till tomorrow when I can write about my experience.

1 comment:

  1. You are simply awesome. Thats the word to express it.

    ReplyDelete