Saturday, May 23, 2009

D day has come (continued part……..)


So finally the day is over and thank God ! all went all right. There were butterflies in my stomach which dint allow me sleep properly and my physical & emotional state of mind wasn’t supporting to go and take the test. But then there was no escape.

Day started early and I finally started for my driving school with all best wishes of my family. They were quite concerned about how would I manage but then I had to show the best. There was one corner which was still sad but thanks to my polar bear who decided to come out of hibernation to wish me good luck. There was no turning back after that.

It took time to finish formalities at RTO office and it did give that Govt. offices feeling but I tried to understand their load of work also. Then came the testing time. I was among first group of people while driving car and my driving was appreciated by Inspector. Had to wait for some time for 2 wheeler test and finally got through that also. It was wonderful feeling to hear result-Pass. And why not when it was sort of one Exam itself (Practical)?

Then there were calls to home and few friends who congratulated me. I never thought I would be able to take 2 of my friends for drive on day one itself. Deepak became the first person and I could fulfill his wish to go for a drive (I’ll be waiting for his comment for this blog). Later on another close friend Nitya called up and we decided to meet. They both had apprehensions but all went alright and they felt good for the safe driving.

Later at home all congratulated me and I received some calls from friends too. In fact all have started plans to take them around the city soon. But then I’m waiting to fulfill one old wish of someone special and I know I’ll get that opportunity soon. I’m indeed happy. Have yet to wait till Thursday to get DL. But then few days wait is fine to fulfill awaited dreams. Isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment